Columbia College’s LEADS Program is a leadership enrichment program incorporating experiential learning opportunities, service projects, and curricular/co-curricular activities. These components combine to create an atmosphere of learning where equity, inclusion, and development of a student’s character are tied to lifelong learning and intellectual growth. Using the student leadership competencies, the program will educate, support, and encourage students to become leaders within the Columbia College community and beyond.
Members of The LEADS Program:
- Will receive college credit for participation in the program.
- Will gain career readiness skills and experience.
- Will develop strong power skills.
- Will learn from current industry leaders connected within their field of study and beyond.
- Network with local and state-wide national leaders.
- Participate in creating change within Columbia College Community and Columbia Area.
- Gain the opportunity to participate in a new National Leadership Honor Society with opportunities to connect with current and relevant change makers such as Kevin Hart (Award Winning Actor, Producer, and Entrepreneur), Kelly Ripa (Award Winning Host and Producer), and Andrew Yang (Entrepreneur Business Person/Politician).
The LEADS Program applicants must be currently enrolled at the traditional campus and in good judicial standing. Selection is based on cumulative GPA, application content, an interview and letter of recommendation. Throughout the selection process, the committee assesses the overall fit of each student to the program.
Returning and incoming students must maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA with continued involvement in the program and its activities. The selection committee will also monitor all returning students' activities and ensure that contributions are consistent.
One semester, in-seat course in the Spring for 2 credit hours, will meet for 2 hours weekly and will focus on developing leadership skills and focus on a legacy project.