Sending your student off to college is a proud moment, but is also a significant investment. With guidance from the Financial Aid Office, you can help your child apply for aid and budget for tuition, fees and more. Get the support you need to ensure a smooth transition into college.
Academic achievement, need and special characteristics are all taken into account when it comes to financial aid. Merit-based scholarships are automatically awarded to students attending our Day campus; and need-based aid can be applied for through the college's Admissions Office.
There are a number of external scholarships available for students to apply for as well. These can be based on academic achievement, need, special characteristics and more.
Federal Financial Aid
Many students are eligible to receive federal financial aid to offset the cost of college. This aid can include grants, which do not have to be repaid.
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using our school code: 002456.
For those who need additional financial support, Parent PLUS loans may be an option. This credit-based loan is in the parent’s name and can cover up to the cost of attendance for your student's college tuition. To secure a PLUS loan, both credit approval and completion of a PLUS Loan Data Sheet must be done each year.
Make sure to pay attention to important dates and deadlines for loan
Financial Aid Checklist
- Ensure your student submits their official high school transcripts and/or official college transcripts.
- Have your student activate his or her Cougar email account as soon as possible. This is our official means of communication with students.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid using FAFSA school code 002456.
- Submit scholarship applications.
- Apply for Access Missouri by February 1, the priority deadline for Missouri residents, if applicable.
- Make sure the FAFSA has been accepted and that you’ve had results sent to Columbia College using school code 002456.
- If the FAFSA was selected for verification, make sure your student submits necessary forms early to complete the process.
- Have your student check his or her award letter and submit it to complete the process.
- Make sure your student attends a Quest Day to get enrolled in classes for the fall.