- Ensure your student submits his or her official high school transcripts and/or official college transcripts.
- Have your student activate his or her Cougar email account as soon as possible. This is our official means of communication with students.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid using FAFSA school code 002456.
- Submit scholarship applications.
- Make sure the FAFSA has been accepted and that you’ve had results sent to Columbia College using school code 002456.
- If the FAFSA was selected for verification, make sure your student submits necessary forms early to complete the process.
- Have your student check his or her award letter and submit it to complete the process.
- Make sure your student attends a Registration Day to get enrolled in classes for the fall.
- Apply for Access Missouri by February 1, the priority deadline for Missouri residents, if applicable.
- If your student is taking out loans, make sure he or she completes Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling.
- Apply for Parent PLUS loan if additional funding is needed.
- Be prepared to make the first payment to hold registration.