The Colonel Mike Randerson Scholarship helps qualified veteran students, including active duty military, Guard, Reserve or their dependents, attend college. The scholarship, awarded annually, recognizes the efforts of outstanding military students who exemplify Randerson's dedication to service and education.
Mary McCleary Posner, chair of the Columbia Memorial Salute to Veterans organization, established the endowed scholarship in 2014. She is a Columbia, Missouri, native and friend of the college.
Any undergraduate or graduate Columbia College student classified as a veteran, active duty military, Guard, Reserve or dependent is eligible. Veterans are defined as no longer serving and honorably discharged.
Application & Deadline
The student must complete the application and the recommendation form. Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. CST, February 28. Recipients will be notified of the selection committee's decision by way of letter in April.
Applicants must submit:
- A fully completed and signed application form
- An essay describing their personal circumstances and how education will make a difference in their lives (500 words)
- Two references as outlined in Section III of the application form
- Additionally, veteran applicants must submit a copy of their DD214 with honorable discharge status.
- Active duty, Guard and Reserve members must submit a statement of service signed by the commander.
Mail completed application packet (application, forms, essay and recommendations) to:
The Col. Mike Randerson Scholarship Committee
Ousley Family Veterans Center, MOH 226
1001 Rogers St.
Columbia, MO 65216