Columbia College TRiO Educational Opportunity Center
Providing the tools you need to make your education and career dreams a reality.
Contact TRiO EOC
What can TRiO help with?
- Individualized mentoring
- Tutoring and exam preparation
- Degree planning
- School comparisons
- College/training applications
- Career exploration and coaching
- Networking and professional communication
- Financial literacy training
- Academic decision-making
- General tutoring
- High school equivalency test prep HiSET
- Completing financial aid applications (FAFSA)
Frequently Asked Questions
TRIO Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC) is a federally funded TRiO Program. We are here to provide information and personal assistance to adults who want to attend college or vocational school. EOC does not recruit for any school but can assist you to apply to any school in Missouri.
The Education Opportunity Center assists U.S. citizens who are adults, ages 19 and older who meet income guidelines and/or will be first in their families to obtain a college degree. Must be a Missouri resident.
All TRiO EOC services are free of charge. TRiO EOC is a program funded by the Department of Education.
TRiO EOC can help you enroll into any accredited 2-year or 4-year college, or vocational/technical school in Missouri. Persons needing to transfer from a community college to a 4-year university should contact us.
TRiO EOC does not provide direct funding. We do not offer any funding for participants.
However, EOC mentors can assist students to complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing the FAFSA can open doors for receiving grants, scholarships and/or loans.
TRiO EOC can help set up a plan to get your loans in good standing so you can be eligible for financial aid.
- Academic Assistance: Workshops on study skills, budgeting, and connecting you to resources.
- Career Exploration: Career Assessments to match interests, abilities, and values within specific areas, information regarding the job market/outlook.
- Enrollment Counseling: Finding the right school for you, assistance in completing applications for admissions, and advice with course selection.
- Financial Aid Coaching: Assistance in filing for FAFSA each year, searching for scholarships and grants.
TRiO EOC can also help with finding resources and assistance outside the academic area.
Set up an appointment by calling 573-875-7586 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While TRiO EOC is 100% federally funded program administered by Columbia College, the center provides services and tools that can help you attend any college in Missouri.