Register for commencement
The deadline for the main campus commencement ceremony registration is approximately two months prior to the ceremony. Openings are limited for each ceremony, so early sign-up is recommended. The electronic order form is located in CougarTrack under forms and is titled "Application for Commencement Ceremony." If there are any questions about the commencement ceremonies, students may contact the Office of the Registrar or their Columbia College location.
Please be aware that each main campus ceremony is streamed live on the Internet. By signing up for a main campus ceremony, you have agreed to participate in a live streaming event.
Students who complete their degrees in Early or Late Fall are eligible to participate in the Fall commencement ceremony of the same year. Early Spring graduates who request to participate in the preceding year’s Fall ceremony are allowed to do so without appeal. Early and later Summer graduates who request to participate in the Fall ceremony of the same year are allowed to do so without appeal.
Students who complete their degrees in Early and Late Spring are eligible to participate in the Spring commencement ceremonies of the same year. Early and Late Summer graduates who request to participate in the Spring ceremony of the same year are allowed to do so without appeal.
Students not eligible for a ceremony
Students with degree completion dates other than the ones described above must appeal to participate in a different ceremony from the one that they are eligible for. This appeal must be submitted prior to the deadline to order caps and gowns. For the Spring commencement ceremonies, students wishing to participate in a ceremony other than the one they are eligible for must also submit an appeal. Appeals are filed in the Office of the Registrar and must include what the student is appealing. All appeals submitted to the Office of the Registrar are coordinated with Academic Affairs.
- Submit Declaration of Candidacy for Degree form via CougarTrack (cougartrack.ccis.edu > Forms > Declaration of Candidacy for Degree)
- Submit Application for Commencement Ceremony form via CougarTrack (cougartrack.ccis.edu > Forms > Application for Commencement Ceremony)
Deadline to sign-up is eight weeks prior to an event
- Affirm you receive an email from CeremonyConfirmation@CCIS.edu that either confirms that you are registered for the event or provides instructions on what you need to do to complete your registration. All confirmations will be sent out at least eight weeks prior to the ceremony date.
- Affirm you receive participation letter and marching instructions via U.S. mail and CougarMail.
- Order commencement announcements via Herff Jones .
- Contact your location or Academic Affairs to inquire about honor society cords if applicable (Latin honors will be awarded the day of the ceremony).
- Pick up cap and gown two weeks prior to ceremony through location. Please email CeremonyConfirmation@CCIS.edu with any questions about caps and gowns.
- Schedule a campus tour! Campus tours will be held the Friday prior to your ceremony date at 3:30 p.m. for anyone interested. Please RSVP with the number of people in your party using the Campus Tour Reservation Form. The tour will start promptly at 3:30 p.m.
- Arrive for ceremony one hour prior to ceremony start time at the Koepke Fitness Center.
- Check in and receive name cards from commencement staff.
- Share your photos! Use #CCMOGRAD with any Facebook, Instagram or Twitter update so we can celebrate with you!
- Guest tickets will be required for the ceremony. Graduates must pick up their guests’ complimentary tickets. For more information see the ticket information page.
Cap & gown, announcements and rings
Cap and gown
All students wishing to participate in a main campus ceremony will be required to order their cap and gown via CougarTrack. The electronic order form is located under Forms and is titled "Application for Commencement Ceremony." The deadline is always eight (8) weeks prior to the commencement ceremony (mid-March for spring ceremony, mid-October for fall ceremony).
Students with a home location of the Columbia, Missouri, campus: Once ordered, your cap and gown will be available at the bookstore two weeks prior to graduation.
Students with any home location other than the main campus in Columbia, Mo, including those taking classes solely online: Caps and gowns will be shipped to your location for distribution.
Please go to the Herff-Jones Web site to order class rings.