Columbia College is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Columbia College takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the website:
- Appoints an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provides continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assigns clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employs formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Provides continual checks of new content through an automatic approval process.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Based on these guidelines Columbia College is working to achieve Level AA compliance with some thoughtful exceptions in a hope to continually make our web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and intuitive for everyone.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Modern browsers and devices
The website is not compatible with:
- Internet Explorer (not including Edge)
Accessibility of the website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
This statement was updated on November 20, 2020.