High School Dual Enrollment Policy
Through this part-time program, high schools students may be eligible to complete courses at Columbia College while earning credit toward their high school graduation requirements. The purpose of this policy is to outline the admissions policy and process for high school students seeking dual enrollment status.
This policy applies to all high school students seeking dual enrollment status with Columbia College.
High school juniors and seniors may have the opportunity to take college courses for credit while completing high school.
Individuals currently enrolled in high school who wish to earn credit at Columbia College must:
- Submit the undergraduate application for admission with a one-time, non-refundable $35 application fee. Applicants must submit completed applications no later than one week from the start of the semester or session to which they are applying.
- Request a copy of the high school transcript to be sent to the Admissions Office
- Must have completed at least 12 high school units and present a minimum 2.0 cumulative high school grade point average.
- Provide written support from the high school principal or guidance counselor and a parent or legal guardian by completing the Columbia College Dual Enrollment form (contact the Admissions Office for this form).
- Homeschooled students must complete steps 1-3 and submit written support from a parent or legal guardian by completing the Columbia College Dual Enrollment form.
The Admissions Review Committee reserves the right to review any application for admission under the dual enrollment status. The College reserves the right to deny admission to any applicant and to deny and/or rescind admission to any applicant who provides false or misleading information to the College.
Students under the age of 18 who have been admitted to Columbia College are expected to comply with college policies for students. The information contained in the “Minor on Campus” policy is not directed at admitted and/or enrolled students who are still minors. Dual enrollment students are subject to all relevant policies applicable to Columbia College students, including but not limited to, the student code of conduct and academic integrity policy.