Los Angeles Sheriff's Department employees save thousands at Columbia College
As a Los Angeles Sheriff's Department employee, you qualify for a 10 percent tuition discount on all Columbia College courses. And since our tuition is already about half the national average for private schools, you could save thousands of dollars on your accredited associate, bachelor's or master’s degree.
More than 20,000 students take classes at Columbia College each year at our locations across the nation and online.
Here's how we can help you get the most from your education:
- Flexible evening classes at locations nationwide and online courses (anytime, anywhere) allow you to fit your classes around your LASD career.
- Six class sessions start each year, allowing you to complete your degree quickly. Each class lasts eight weeks. You could earn an associate degree in 20 months, a bachelor’s in 3.5 years, and a master’s degree in just 12 months! Or, study at a pace that works for you.
- We accept more transfer credit than many schools, which may allow you to graduate even earlier if you have attended an accredited college in the past.
- All classes are taught by experienced instructors with either master’s or doctoral degrees.
- Columbia College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission so you can be confident that your degree will be respected in the workplace.
- Our degree programs teach skills that can be applied in your career from day one.
Partners in Law Enforcement program
The Columbia College Partners in Law Enforcement program is designed to give both current and aspiring law enforcement students up to 24 hours of college credit after successful completion of law enforcement or corrections academy.
No fees. No book costs. No surprises.
Columbia College is committed to adding truth back in to the price of tuition. We call it
Truition®, a new initiative in which you pay no fees and receive your books at no cost.
- No more fees: With
Truition®, we’ve eliminated fees so you know exactly what the cost of college will be.
- No more book costs: Books are included at no cost to you. Receive them before class starts—get a jumpstart on the upcoming semester.
- No more surprises:
Truition® adds honesty and transparency into the price of college so students aren’t slapped with unexpected fees.
- Undergraduate students: $375 per credit hour
ASD discounted rate: $337.50 per credit hour
- Graduate students: $490 per credit hour
LASD discounted rate: $441 per credit hour
Truition® prices are established exclusively for undergraduate and graduate students taking classes online or at one of our adult higher education venues across the nation. Other exclusive programs are in place for students taking classes at our residential campus in Columbia, Missouri.
Tuition discount cannot be retroactively applied or combined with any other institutional aid.
Get your tuition discount!
- Apply online to Columbia College of Missouri
- After submitting the application, current Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department employees must send an email from your company email account to email@example.com stating that you would like to receive the 10 percent tuition discount.