Become a FYM. Become a RA.
What level of commitment is right for you?
There are many ways to get involved in leadership opportunities on campus. It is important you consider what the right fit is for you. Columbia College offers student employment opportunities, participation and leadership opportunities within registered organizations and selection into the Emerging Leaders Institute. Additionally, there are multiple Student Leader positions within the division of Student Affairs. Before applying for any position, consider the following things:
- What am I involved in outside of my academics?
- Would my involvement in extra-curricular activities still enable me to be academically successful?
- Would I consider myself a role model to my peers?
- Is my behavior and reputation, on and off campus, reflective of being a role model to others?
- Am I willing to commit to a position that requires a long-term investment of my time, energy and enthusiasm?