Enrollment Service Center Frequently asked questions


Use the Self Service Student Planner within CougarTrack to add or drop a course.

You may also register for an additional class on campus or at a local venue.

Students must add a course by the first Wednesday of each session or semester.

Students may drop a course for any reason after enrollment through the first business day of the second week of each session or semester. Students who drop a course through the Student Planner will receive confirmation within 24 hours. If the “drop” button in the Student Planner is not available, the drop period has likely ended.

Students on the traditional campus wishing to discontinue enrollment must complete formal withdrawal procedures with the Dean of Student Affairs. If a student withdraws from the college, he or she may be eligible for a pro-rated tuition credit depending on the completion date of the total withdrawal process.

Review the catalog for more in-depth information about adding or dropping classes.


Make a payment online through CougarTrack . Once logged in to CougarTrack, click "Payments" under "CC Links."  You may select to pay your current account balance or enter a different amount. You may also change the payment date for a future date.

If you do not have a saved payment method, enter your account information and click "continue."

Select to which academic term you want to apply your payment. Be sure to apply your payment to the correct academic term, otherwise payment plans may not calculate correctly and prevent you from registering later.

Review your payment confirmation and click "Submit Payment." Save your receipt for your records.

All students are required to enroll in a payment plan. There are several payment plan options. Students who are currently enrolled should log in to CougarTrack , click "Payments" under "CC Links," and then click on “Payment Plans” to see amounts and due dates.

If you are enrolled in classes online, in seat in the evening or at a venue nationwide, you must make a deferred plan to pay tuition in installments. Due dates and information for payment plans will be provided upon registration. Payments not made by the due date will be subject to a late payment charge of $29. Students not paying in full upon registration should sign the deferred payment contract through CougarTrack

Students taking classes on the traditional campus in Columbia, Missouri, have the following plan options:

Four-installment plans allow students to pay in four installments each semester. A $29 late fee will be assessed when payments are not made by due dates.

Fall payment due dates: Aug. 6, Sept. 10, Oct. 1, Oct. 29
Spring payment due dates: Dec. 28, Jan. 31, Feb. 28, March 31

Financial aid fully funded plans are plans where educational expenses are paid entirely by financial aid. The plan will show the entire balance due by a specific date near the end of the semester. However, the plan will be paid in full when financial aid is posted to your account. No out-of-pocket payments should be required. If financial aid is cancelled or reduced, payment would be due by the listed due date.

VA benefit plans are for students enrolling in a 16-week semester who receive VA benefits. Students are required to schedule automatic payments made on the due date via electronic check or credit card.

Complete a Verification of Payment and Billing Request Form in CougarTrack.

You may request a paper copy by contacting the ESC at ESC@CCIS.edu, (573) 875-7252 or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7252. You may also visit us in Missouri Hall 205.

Students with a Columbia College balance are sent monthly billing statements via Cougar email. A student's balance is considered past-due if not paid in full by the last day of courses. Initial attempt to collect payment for a past-due balance will be made by Columbia College.  

Columbia College partners with Heartland ECSI to solicit payment after all attempts to do so have been unsuccessful by Columbia College.  Heartland ECSI will mail letters and make calls to notify students of their outstanding balance.  Mailed letters are sent to the most current address on file with Columbia College.  It is the student’s responsibility to ensure his or her address is correct.  Students can make one-time payment or setup a payment plan to pay their balance in installments with Heartland ECSI.  

Students with a past-due balance will not be allowed to obtain a transcript of academic work, obtain a diploma or apply for a residence hall room.  Students with a past-due balance will not be allowed to register for any subsequent term, unless the balance is under current determined amount by Columbia College and the student is in an active payment plan with Heartland ECSI.  If a student with a past-due balance pays with a personal check or ACH, he or she will have to wait fourteen (14) business days before being cleared to register, receive a transcript or diploma. 

If you have a balance from a prior session, contact the Enrollment Service Center at (573) 875-7252 or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7252 for options.

If a student bill is unpaid for 90 days or more, it is subject to be sent to a collections agency.

A student will receive a first notice if a bill is unpaid after 30 days, and a final notice if a bill remains unpaid after 60 days. Notices are sent by postal mail to the most current address we have on file.

We work with two agencies that assist us in collected unpaid balances. They are:

Recovery Management Services: (800) 932-2851
Windham Professionals: (800) 208-5076

Once a student account has been sent to a collection agency, Columbia College can no longer set up payment arrangements. The balance at Columbia College will not reflect any additional collection fees that may accrue with the agency until the payment is made. You must work with the agency to receive your final balance, including any collection fees.

All payments on collection accounts and bad debt write-off accounts should be made in the form of cash, money order, cashier’s check or credit card. Students paying the collections agency by personal check will have to wait 10 days before being cleared to register or receive a transcript.

Students who receive employer tuition assistance may have the cost of their educational expenses paid by their employer. This could happen through direct billing or reimbursement.

Employers making direct payments for students must send the college a letter authorizing and describing the arrangement. Students must ensure the letter is on file with the college’s Business Office and campus or venue.

Students attending under employer reimbursement are required to follow the college’s standard payment policies. Students can then receive reimbursement based on the employer’s guidelines. Students are required to pay. If full payment is not possible, students may request a deferred payment plan.

You may email your Tuition Assistance (TA) forms directly to your local venue, and they will monitor the entire process for you. Once you submit your TA forms, the paperwork will be forwarded to the Business Office at the traditional campus for billing.

If you are active Army, Army Reserve or Army National Guard, submit your TA request through ArmyIgnitEd .

Tuition Assistance will not be billed until after the last day to drop each session has passed. Until your TA is applied to your student account, it will show a balance. If you have not seen your TA applied to your account after the third week of class, email ESC@CCIS.edu or call the Enrollment Service Center at (573) 875-7252 or (800) 231-2391, ext. 7252.

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance over two years for military spouses. Visit the Military OneSource Portal to apply or for more information.

If using MyCAA, you do not need to send in paper authorization each session. Our Accounting Department will electronically pull over funds and apply them to your account after the last day to drop classes each session. If you do not see the funds on your account after the third week of classes, make sure you have selected the correct school in the portal and contact your Military One Source Counselor.

Have your MoVR (Missouri Vocational Rehabilitation) counselor fax an Authorization Bill directly to our Business Office at (573) 875-7262. Payment amount varies for each student. Learn more about MoVR.

Questions about Financial Aid? Visit the Financial Aid frequently asked questions page.