Mrs. Faye Fairchild received her B.S. in Nursing (1985) and a dual M.S. in Nursing – Education and Administration (1989) from the Sinclair School of Nursing at the University of Missouri.
Mrs. Fairchild’s previous professional experience includes:
- Staff nurse in ICU positions for several years. Worked briefly as a home health nurse.
- Management: Responsible for nine major departments with 200+ employees (Human Resources, Foundation, Switchboard & Patient Registration, Case Management, Utilization Review, Scheduling, Social Work, Educational Services and Patient Education) at Audrain Medical Center; Mexico, Mo. Promoted to senior director and sat on the six-person administrative council for Audrain Medical Center; Mexico, Mo.
- Consulted for the Holloran Law Firm, St. Louis, Mo., on court case and deposition preparation.
- CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) coordinator for six years at Audrain Medical Center; Mexico, Mo.
- Previously certified as a CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) and CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse).
- Principal for Paul Prior & Associates, LLC, a health care education and consulting firm. Currently Mrs. Fairchild holds a national certification from the National League for Nursing as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE). She also teaches NCLEX review courses for Kaplan.
Mrs. Fairchild has taught every nursing course at Columbia College either as lead instructor or as a clinical/lab instructor. Her prior teaching experience includes working as a lab teaching assistant at the University of Missouri and as a clinical instructor for Hannibal LaGrange College in Hannibal, Mo.
Courses Faye Fairchild has taught at Columbia College
- Pharmacology for Nursing (NURS 211)
- Mental Health Nursing (NURS 212)
- Foundations of Nursing (NURS 300)
- Introduction to Nursing (NURS 209)
- Fundamentals of Nursing (NURS 210)
- Medical/Surgical Nursing I (NURS 301)
- Medical/Surgical Nursing II (NURS 302)
- Women's and Infant's Health (NURS 303)
- ECG Seminar
- Bridge Seminar for LPN’s (NURS 203)
Contact Faye Fairchild, RN, MSN, CPHQ, CNE
Office Location: BSC 236
Phone Number: (573) 875-7218
Email Address: email@example.com