Skip to main content

Search Bar Icon Close Menu

Alternative certification program

Alternative certification program checklist

Students who hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a major in art, biology, business, chemistry, general science, language arts (English), music, social studies or mathematics may pursue teacher certification at the secondary level if all criteria are met. This program requires a valid teaching contract with a public or accredited private school. (Temporary Authorization Certification [TAC] eligible.)

[Additional content area courses may be required by the state.] (See page 48 of the Graduate Catalog.)


Request info