The program at Columbia College emphasizes skills needed to integrate and succeed in a U.S. college experience.
The EAP program:
- Enhances English language and study skills
- Develops intercultural awareness
- Provides students with opportunities for international learning and experiences
- Offers support with admission, advising, academics and student life
We offer two 15-week levels of English study during the fall and spring semesters.
Incoming EAP students are required to enroll in EAPP 100 - Foundations for Success, their first year.
Level 1: High Intermediate
- EAPP 103: Oral Communication Skills I
- EAPP 105: Written Communication Skills I
Level 2: Advanced
- EAPP 104: Oral Communication Skills II
- EAPP 106: Written Communication Skills II
Elective courses are open to all international students. EAP students must enroll in at least one each semester.
- EAPP 110: Exploring U.S. Culture
- EAPP 111: Applied Grammar and Editing
- EAPP 112: Accent Modification
Advanced-level students, when qualified, may be permitted to enroll in a non-EAP course on the traditional campus.
EAP Tuition Grant
EAP students who register for at least 12 credit hours of EAP coursework are eligible for an EAP Tuition Grant. This grant is worth 15 percent off tuition per semester and is limited to two semesters only.