Dr. Frank Somer received his B.S. in Chemistry from Oglethorpe University, and his Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from the University of Tennessee.
He completed two postdoctoral fellowships, the first held jointly between the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Tennessee and the Solid State Division at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and the second in the School of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Georgia Tech.
He then taught at St. John’s University, New York, for four years before coming to Columbia College in 2003.
Courses taught at Columbia College
- Physical Science Survey (CHEM/PHYS 108)
- Introduction to Astronomy (ASTR 108)
- Chemistry I and II (CHEM 110 and 112)
- College Physics I and II (PHYS 111 and 112)
- Introduction to Physical Chemistry/Chemical Physics (CHEM/PHYS 401)
- Senior Seminar (BIOL/CHEM/ENVS 490)
Contact Dr. Frank Somer
All Physical and Biological Sciences faculty All faculty