Dr. Fairchild received her B.S. in Nursing (1985) and a dual M.S. in Nursing-Education and Administration (1989) from the Sinclair School of Nursing at the University of Missouri. In 2019, she completed her Doctorate of Nursing Practice in Leadership & Health Innovations at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Professor Fairchild’s previous professional experience includes:
- Staff nurse in ICU positions for several years. Worked briefly as a home health nurse.
- Management: Responsible for nine major departments (Human Resources, Foundation, Switchboard & Patient Registration, Case Management, Utilization Review, Scheduling, Social Work, Educational Services and Patient Education) with 200+ employees at Audrain Medical Center; Mexico, Mo. Promoted to senior director and sat on Audrain’s six-person administrative council.
- CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) coordinator for six years at Audrain Medical Center; Mexico, MO.
- Previously certified as a CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) and CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse).
- Dr. Fairchild holds a national certification from the National League for Nursing as a Certified Nurse Educator (CNE). She also taught NCLEX review courses for several years for Kaplan.
- Consulted for the Holloran Law Firm (St. Louis, Missouri) on court case and deposition preparation.
- Principal for Paul Prior & Associates, LLC, a health care education and consulting firm.
Dr. Fairchild has taught nearly every nursing course at Columbia College as either lead instructor or clinical/lab instructor. Her prior teaching experience includes working as a lab teaching assistant at the University of Missouri and as a clinical instructor for Hannibal LaGrange College in Hannibal, Missouri.
Courses taught at Columbia College
- Bridge Seminar for LPN’s (NURS 203)
- Introduction to Nursing (NURS 209)
- Fundamentals of Nursing (NURS 210)
- Mental Health Nursing (NURS 212)
- Pharmacology for Nursing (NURS 211)
- Foundations of Nursing (NURS 300)
- Medical/Surgical Nursing I (NURS 301)
- Medical/Surgical Nursing II (NURS 302)
- Women's and Infant's Health (NURS 303)
- Pathophysiology (NURS 311)
- Human Nutrition (NURS 312)
- Leadership & Management in Nursing Practice (NURS 413)
- NCLEX-RN Review (NURS491)
- ECG Seminar
Contact Dr. Faye Fairchild
All Nursing faculty All faculty