Corrine Floyd is the Director and Chair of Nursing. She received her Associate Degree of Nursing from Columbia College in 2008. She received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing Education from University of Central Missouri and a Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing from University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Nursing.
As a Registered Nurse, Dr. Floyd has experience in medical surgical specialties, as a nurse educator/trainer for in-home medication administration/infusion for adult and pediatric patients, public district nurse, acute care and as a float nurse working in an array of modalities. Corrine has published her research Empowering Minority Nurses in the Face of Incivility and Bullying: Through the Lens of Phenomenology.
Corrine has taught in the ASN, BSN, and RN-BSN Online programs and received the Distinguished Alumni Award from the Columbia College Nursing Department in 2016.
Courses taught at Columbia College
- Introduction to Nursing (NURS 209)
- Fundamentals of Nursing (NURS 210)
- Pharmacology in Nursing (NURS 212)
- Medical Surgical Nursing I (NURS 301)
- Medical Surgical Nursing II (NURS 302)
- Nursing Research and Evidence-based Practice (NURS 409)
- Professional Nursing Practice (NURS 310)
- Health Assessment (NURS 313)
- Community Health Nursing (NURS 410)
- Human Sexuality (NURS 414)
- Cultural Awareness in Nursing (NURS 415)
Contact Dr. Corrine Floyd
All Nursing faculty All faculty