1. Choose your program
- Are you pursuing teacher certification along with a bachelor's degree? If so, the Beacon Teacher Education Program might work for you.
- Do you already have a bachelor's degree but want to obtain a Missouri teaching certificate? Then check out the MAT Post-Baccalaureate or the Undergraduate Post-Baccalaureate programs.
- Are you already a certificated teacher but would like to add on other certification areas like Special Reading or Gifted along with a master's degree? Then you might be interested in the "add-on" certificate program option.
- Do you have a teaching certificate and wish to pursue a master's degree? You could choose from our Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) or Master of Education: Educational Leadership (M.Ed) degrees.
2. Apply to Columbia College
Once you've determined the program that fits your needs, it's time to apply to Columbia College.
Undergraduate programs (like the Teacher Education Program and Undergraduate Post-Bacc programs) require an undergraduate application through our traditional campus and evening program in Columbia as well as through four of our extended Missouri venues – Lake Ozark, Kansas City, Springfield, and St. Louis.
Graduate programs (like the MAT, M.Ed, "add-on" certificates, Alternative Certification or the MAT Post-Baccalaureate programs) require a Graduate Studies application. (Note: Graduate-level courses are not currently offered at our nationwide venues.)
3. Visit with your advisor
Once you're admitted, you will have access to an advisor who will help you plan out your program. You're not in this alone! It's recommended that you visit with your advisor often to make sure you remain on track.
Learn what every student needs to know with this quick reference of the requirements and timeline for the teacher certification program .