Accelerated MBA from Columbia College
The faster, more affordable path to your MBA starts at Columbia College.
Move your career in the right direction with our Accelerated MBA (Master of Business Administration). Take up to three MBA courses as part of your undergraduate studies at Columbia College and jumpstart your path to an advanced degree.
An MBA can open many doors. It may provide the foundation needed to secure a management position in your field and may lead to promotion opportunities that will help you go further in your career. Our MBA program teaches you to be a strategic thinker, apply conceptual knowledge, and may even increase your earning potential and employability. It’s a great addition to your portfolio, and may make you more valuable to an employer or arm you with the tools you need for a major career change.
Benefits of the Accelerated MBA
- Get started earlier with your MBA
- Finish earlier with an additional degree
- Take up to 9 MBA credits (3 MBA courses) in your senior year and apply these courses to both your undergraduate general electives as well as the MBA program.
- Limited time promotion: Columbia College alumni , if qualified, may receive a 20% grant toward regular graduate tuition rates once fully admitted to the MBA program (if grant still available; conditions apply. Learn more about the Alumni Grant.)
1Please speak to your advisor to determine scheduling and availability of free electives and any restrictions/requirements that may apply
2Alumni — A person who has completed an associates, bachelor's or master's degree with Columbia college or who has completed a minimum of 60 credit hours with Columbia College.
Get started today
Speak with your advisor early in your undergraduate program about getting on the path to an Accelerated MBA. They will help you to plan building any pre-requisites needed and up to 3 MBA courses into your schedule. You will also need to maintain the necessary 3.0 GPA and your participation must be approved to participate.
Students must meet the following requirements:
- Thirty credits (or fewer) remaining toward an eligible baccalaureate degree;
- Pursuing a major which participates in the Accelerated MBA option (see below);
- Currently registered Columbia College student;
- Completion of MBA pre-requisite requirements (MGMT 230, MKTG 210, ACCT 280, ACCT 281, FINC 350 with B or higher (one C permitted out of the five pre-requisites) - or associated CLEP/DANTES/CC Assessment tests with required minimum scores) ; and
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
The MBA can be done full or part-time, and courses may be available online or on campus, where offered.
Contact BA@CCIS.edu with any questions you have about the MBA program.
What MBA courses can I take and when?
A maximum of 3 of the following courses can be taken as part of your undergraduate studies:
|Course code||Course title|
|BUSI 562||Managerial Accounting|
|BUSI 544||Marketing Strategy|
|BUSI 504||Managerial Communication|
|BUSI 508||Managerial Analytics|
|BUSI 570||Managerial Finance |
Does my major qualify?
Columbia College students pursuing the following majors at any venue may participate in the Accelerated MBA:
- Business Administration
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resources Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Business
- Organizational Leadership
- Sports Management
- Communication Studies
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Graphic Design
- Management Information Systems
- General Studies
If your major is not listed and you want to participate, email BA@CCIS.edu to discuss your options.
Pre-requisite courses that would need to be completed (for those not pursuing a business major that already requires these), include MGMT 230, MKTG 210, FINC 350, ACCT 280, and ACCT 281. These should be taken in your general electives. Please see admissions requirements for details.
Can I pursue an emphasis in the MBA?
You can pursue an MBA without an emphasis or you can elect to pursue an emphasis in Human Resource Management, Real Estate Management or Accounting (special requirements apply for Accounting).
Questions?Learn more about the MBA program
Robert W. Plaster School of Business
Phone: (573) 875-7535
Phone: (800) 231-2391 ext. 7515