Day Campus Admissions
Admissions standards for incoming freshmen at the traditional campus:
- 2.5 or higher high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) or comparable GED/HiSET score;
PLUS one of the following:
- 21 or higher on the ACT or equivalent SAT score 1;
- Rank in the top 50% of your graduating class;
- Have successfully completed 12 units of approved college preparatory work with a grade of "C" or better.
1 Columbia College is a test-optional institution. Applicants with a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA on a 4.0 scale are encouraged to submit their high school transcript for admission and scholarship review. For more information regarding test-optional policies, contact the Admissions Office.
Admissions standards for transfer students at the traditional campus:
- Minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0 with 24 earned college credit hours.
If you have fewer than 24 college credit hours, you will also need to meet the freshmen admissions requirements listed above.
Giving credit where credit is due
Columbia College accepts college credit from these programs:
In compliance with the Clery Act, the College discloses crime statistics for crimes committed on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, or on property owned/controlled by the College during the last three years. The Annual Security Report and Annual Fire Safety Report can be obtained in paper copy by contacting the Campus Safety Office and electronic versions can be obtained by visiting the following link: www.ccis.edu/Offices/CampusSafety/ReportsandStats.