Download LiveSafe app
State-of-the-art safety solution in the palm of your hand.
Columbia College has partnered with Vector Solutions, creator of the LiveSafe app, to bring students, faculty and staff a state-of-the-art safety solution in the palm of your hand.
LiveSafe was developed for organizations like ours and is utilized on college campuses around the country. The app offers access to emergency services as a personal emergency call box or Blue Light Phone, and provides useful safety, security and health-related information. It also will generate alerts such as location closings or delays.
The app is available for download from both the Google Play or App Store under “LiveSafe.” Register with your ccis.edu email address and select Columbia College as your provider.
The app is organized by “cards” and each card has different information and behaves differently, as shown in the video below:
To ensure you receive text and/or email alerts – for example, when inclement weather closes your location or alerts its operating status for the day – make sure to verify or update your contact information in Self-Service Secure link, login required.
- Reporting – Quickly and easily report tips to Campus Safety with photos, video, audio, or text, and precise geo-tagged location information. Reports can be anonymous.
- Emergencies – Request emergency 911 or Campus Safety assistance at your phone’s geo-tagged location.
- “Watch Me Walk” – Request a virtual peer-to-peer or Campus Safety escort to monitor your progress as you walk or drive somewhere. Or automatically notify someone if you don’t arrive at your destination.
- Notifications – Receive security notifications relevant to your location directly on your phone. For example, if you arrive at work while an incident is occurring, you may receive a notification to stay outside until further notice.
- Resources – Access useful documents and resources directly on your phone, such as emergency or evacuation plans, bomb threat checklists, and tips for dealing with various security issues.
- LiveSafe is a free application that can be downloaded and used on any Android or iOS device, including personal devices. You can use it with or without connecting to Columbia College.
- Columbia College cannot track your location by using LiveSafe unless you specifically request temporary monitoring through the “Watch Me Walk” feature.
- You can also use LiveSafe to connect to a variety of other organizations such as hundreds of universities, shopping malls, and entertainment and sports venues across the country.
- You can use LiveSafe’s features with your non-work friends and family. For example, you can monitor your child as they walk home from a friend’s house or after school.
Questions? Email Dave Heffer with Campus Safety at DHeffer@ccis.edu