International transfer student evaluations

Columbia College awards transfer credits for courses taken at institutions that are recognized by the home country's Ministry of Education as university-level degree-granting institutions. Master-level or Ph.D. courses cannot transfer into Columbia College's undergraduate program.

Students transferring to Columbia College from an institution in the U.S. must complete and mail a Transfer Authorization form to:

Columbia College
International Admissions Office
1001 Rogers Street
Columbia, MO 65216

Students may deliver transcripts to Columbia College as long as they are unopened and sealed in an original envelope from the transfer institution. Columbia College members will verify the authenticity of transcripts and forward them with their original envelopes to the Office of the Registrar, which will keep everything on file. Transcripts and envelopes cannot be returned to students. 

Transcripts must be translated into English by a translation agency.

Education reports completed by evaluation service agencies are not considered official transcripts, however they can be used as English translations to accompany official transcripts.

International students should submit course descriptions to request a direct equivalency credit evaluation. General elective credit will be awarded if course descriptions are not provided. Course syllabus, course outlines or course descriptions provided by the transfer institution may be submitted. Descriptions must be translated to English by a translation agency.

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for evaluating international transcripts and credentials for acceptance and possible transfer credit.

Processing time for international evaluations may take longer as we need time to complete academic research and work with third parties for information.

Learn more about the international admissions and application process.