Admission requirements include an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
To be considered for full admission to any graduate program, applicants must complete the Columbia College application for graduate admission. As part of this process you will do the following:
- Upload a current resume.
- Upload a personal goal statement of 300-500 words in essay format describing your reasons for pursuing this graduate degree, including future goals.
After completing the graduate application, students must also:
- Request that an official original transcript from each undergraduate college or university attended be sent directly to:
ATTN: Office of the Registrar
1001 Rogers St.
Columbia, MO 65216
Or by email to: EvalTrans@CCIS.edu
- Submit official translations for any transcript not issued in the English language to the above address.
- Demonstrate English proficiency by submitting one of the following official exams:
Test type: TOEFL-iBT  (internet-based)
Institution code: 6095
Graduate program minimum requirement: Score of 80 or above; subset scores must meet or exceed 20 in each area.
Test type: TOEFL-pBT  (paper-based)
Institution code: 6095
Graduate program minimum requirement: Score of 550 or above; subset scores must meet or exceed 55 in each area.
Test type: IELTS 
Institution code: --
Graduate program minimum requirement: Overall band score of 6.5 or above, with no individual band score below 6.
1 Submitted results cannot be older than two years prior to the desired enrollment date.
Receiving a Form I-20
International applicants must first be admitted to the graduate program and have provided the following documentation to their admission counselor in order to receive their form I-20:
- An official, original bank statement that demonstrates the ability to cover the total cost of attendance for one academic year.
- The bank statement may be provided by: the student, a parent, family member, friend or other third party sponsor.
- All bank statements not issued in the student's name must be accompanied by an affidavit of support from the sponsor stating his/her intention to accept financial responsibility for the applicant.
- Bank statements should be no more than one year old.
- Statements must be issued in English, or officially translated into English. If translated, bank statements must be accompanied by the original statement issued in the native language.
- Copy of a valid passport.
- Submit the Columbia College SEVIS Supplement.
- Students currently in the U.S. with an active student SEVIS record, must also submit:
- Copies of current I-20 and Visa
- I-94 (lawful record of admission)
- A completed Transfer Authorization Form