Immigration information for students

Once you are admitted to Columbia College, you'll use your I-20 Certificate of Eligibility to apply for a visa. You will need an F-1 visa to study at Columbia College. 

Entering the U.S.

To enter the U.S. you will need:

  1. I-20: Certificate of Eligibility

    The I-20 Certificate of Eligibility form will be sent to you by Columbia College after you have met eligibility requirements to be issued an I-20. You will use your I-20 form to apply for an F-1 student visa.

  2. Visa: Permit to enter the U.S.

    A U.S. embassy or consulate will issue your Visa. You must have a valid visa to enter or re-enter the United States.

  3. I-94: Arrival-Departure Record

    The U.S. Department of Homeland Security issues this document in their database when you enter the United States. The I-94 is proof of your legal entry, status and permission to stay in the United States. You may access your I-94 electronically  after you enter the U.S. Print off a copy of your I-94 card and keep it for your records.