Admission to the program
Official admission to the Teacher Certification Program is required for students seeking certification recommendation to the Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education. Students should seek admission to the TCP after completing core courses.
The TCP packet of information will be reviewed in EDUC 100 (or EDUC 505). Once all items on the TCP Checklist have been completed, students must contact the Education office at their venue.
The TCP Checklist shows all of the items required for official admission to the program. They include:
- Guideline Agreement form
- Statement of Responsibility form
- Documentation of MoGEA (Missouri General Education Assessment) score or ACT composite score. (Post-baccalaureate students are exempt.) — Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments
- MoGEA Review/Study help is available through the Khan Academy
Alternative TCP application
As noted on the current TCP Checklist, the synthesis paper is now a TCP admission requirement. The synthesis paper project/activity is included in the EDUC 300 course for undergraduate students. The Alternative TCP Application was developed for students who meet one of the following conditions:
- Student completed EDUC 300 prior to August 2014
- Student completed the equivalent of EDUC 300 at another institution
- Student is admitted to the MAT post-baccalaureate program and is not yet admitted to the Teacher Certification Program (TCP)