In the interest of maintaining a productive and non-coercive educational work environment, Columbia College prohibits all sales and solicitations on Columbia College property, to include all College-owned and operated property, without prior authorization.
This policy applies to all Columbia College locations.
As used in the Non-Solicitation Policy, solicitation or soliciting shall include:
- Canvassing, soliciting or seeking to obtain membership in or support for any organization requesting contributions.
- Posting or distributing handbills, pamphlets, petitions, and advertising materials
- Peddling or otherwise selling, purchasing or offering goods and services for sale or purchase.
- Engaging in any other conduct relating to any outside business interests or for profit or personal economic benefit on Columbia College property or using Columbia College resources (including bulletin boards, computers, mail, email, telecommunication systems, photocopiers, telephone lists, and other databases).
Solicitations that are contrary to the mission of the institution are strictly prohibited and may not interfere or compete with the commercial operations of Columbia College or contractual relations with its affiliates, nor infringe upon the College's trademarks, logos or other intellectual property rights. False, misleading or illegal claims are prohibited and solicitors may not make any representation, implied or direct, that indicates an endorsement or guarantee of products or services by Columbia College.
In accordance with the Columbia College Alcohol and Other Drugs Policy, solicitations that "support or promote alcohol or drug use, possession, manufacture or distribution" are strictly prohibited.
Information Regarding Authorization/Approval of Solicitations
Any group or individual wishing to distribute literature, printed, or other materials of any kind, to sell or solicit others to purchase memberships, merchandise or services or to recruit on campus must be authorized to do so.
Authorized or approved solicitation may not:
- Interfere with any other policies of the institution;
- Interfere with instruction, the orderly operation of the College, and the maintenance of College property;
- Interfere with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic;
- Use sound amplification equipment; or
- Interfere in any way with the rights of other persons on College property.
Authorization/Approval should be obtained through the following entities:
- Division of Student Affairs - specifically for any solicitation directed to the Columbia College student body (to include registered student organizations, residential halls, etc.) located at the Columbia, MO location.
- Human Resources Department - specifically for any solicitation directed to the broader Columbia College community (to include contracted service providers) located at the Columbia, MO location.
- Location Director - specifically for any solicitation directed to their local Columbia College community.
Information Regarding Violations of the Non-Solicitation Policy
In the event of a violation of this policy, permission to engage in current solicitation may be revoked and any future requests may be cancelled or denied. Those solicitors not affiliated with the Columbia College community may be asked to leave College property at the request of the Campus Safety Office.