Welcome State of Missouri Employees and Retirees
Columbia College has been helping students advance their lives through higher education for more than 160 years, and is proud to offer a 10 percent tuition discount to State of Missouri employees and retirees.
Nearly 20,000 students take classes at Columbia College each year at our locations across the nation and online.
Here's how we can help you get the most from your education:
- Flexible in-class (evening) and online courses allow you to fit your classes around your career.
- Six class sessions start each year, allowing you to complete your degree quickly. Each class lasts eight weeks. You could earn an associate degree in 20 months, a bachelor's in 3.5 years, and a master's degree in just 12 months!
- We accept more transfer credit than many schools, which may allow you to graduate even earlier if you have attended an accredited college in the past.
- All classes are taught by experienced instructors with either master’s or doctoral degrees.
- Columbia College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission so you can be confident that your degree will be respected in the workplace.
- Our degree programs teach skills that can be applied in your career from day one.
No fees. No book costs. No surprises.
Columbia College is committed to adding truth back into the price of tuition. We call it
Truition®, a new initiative in which you pay no fees and receive your books at no cost.
- No more fees: With
Truition®, we’ve eliminated fees so you know exactly what the cost of college will be.
- No more book costs: Books are included at no cost to you. Receive them before class starts—get a jump start on the upcoming semester.
- No more surprises:
Truition® adds honesty and transparency into the price of college so students aren’t slapped with unexpected fees.
- Undergraduate students: $375 per credit hour
State of MO rate: $337.50 per credit hour
- Graduate students: $490 per credit hour
State of MO discounted rate: $441 per credit hour
Truition® prices are established exclusively for undergraduate and graduate students taking classes online or at one of our adult higher education venues across the nation. Other exclusive programs are in place for students taking classes at our residential campus in Columbia, Missouri.
Tuition discount cannot be retroactively applied but may be combined with other institutional aid.
How to receive tuition reduction
- Apply online
- Current State of Missouri employees- after submitting the online application you must send an email from your government email account to email@example.com stating that you would like to receive the 10 percent tuition discount.
- State of Missouri retirees-after submitting the online application you must send an email with your MOSERS documentation attached to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you would like to receive the 10 percent tuition discount.
More financial aid
Check out scholarship information or more financial aid options to save more.