What sets Columbia College apart from other schools offering an online MAT program?
- Among America's best colleges
The Princeton Review named Columbia College a ”Best Midwestern College“ based on academic quality and anonymous student surveys. Columbia College is also one of only 250 higher educational institutions in the U.S. to be named a "College of Distinction".
- Accredited online leader
Columbia College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The college also participates in the Missouri Association of Colleges for Teacher Education. All online degrees at Columbia College meet the same accreditation standards as its on-campus degrees.
The Online Campus at Columbia College offers more than 800 classes and 23 degrees, including an Online Master of Business Administration and an Online Master of Science in master of arts in teaching. More than 15,000 students take online classes at Columbia College each year.
- A great school at a great price
Columbia College is among the most fairly priced, accredited online MAT programs in the country. GetEducated.com, a respected clearinghouse of accredited online degree programs, designated Columbia College a ”Best Buy“ for several of its online degrees.
- Accelerated and adaptable
At Columbia College, you can graduate in about two years by taking one class per session. It is possible to graduate even sooner if you have transfer credits. Columbia College allows you to transfer up to nine of the 36 hours needed to graduate.
We also offer start and stop flexibility, which allows you to tailor your class schedule to fit your lifestyle, no matter where you live or what hours you work.
- Eight-week sessions start in January, March, June, August and October. Attend all five sessions a year or just one–it's up to you.
- All coursework is completed online.
- Courses have weekly deadlines but you are not required to sign on at specific times. You may be required to take a proctored exam at a location convenient to you.
- Credentialed faculty
Our online instructors are practicing professionals who have real-world experience and doctorates in the field of education. They undergo the same credentialing process as our full-time on-campus faculty and receive intensive training for teaching in an online environment.
About Columbia College
Founded in 1851 as Christian Female College, the college changed its name to Columbia College in 1970 when it opened its doors to both women and men. In 1973, the college was among the first schools in the country to provide educational opportunities geared specifically to working adults, including adults serving in the military. Today the college serves 25,000 students worldwide.
Interested in learning more?
Our local campuses provide:
- Personal attention when reviewing applications.
- Free face-to-face advising appointments, along with financial aid and scholarship information.
- Access to computer labs and other student services.
- A convenient place to pick up student loan or financial aid checks.
- Proctors for online exams when necessary.
If you do not live near one of our Nationwide Campuses, please e-mail OnlineGradAdvisor@ccis.edu or call (800) 231-2391, ext. 7246.