Posting in the Discussion Area
To Post a Message
Here you can read and add to discussions among your fellow users. To access the discussion area, click Discussions on the course navigation bar.
The Discussions area is a place for students and instructors to communicate by posting messages into defined topic areas and responding to messages posted by other users. These discussions take place inside topics, where messages can be posted, read, and replied to.
To enter a discussion topic, click its name.
To change the view or sort messages, you can use the View drop down menu to set your view preference to threaded, unthreaded, or unread messages. Unthreaded allows you to sort messages by Subject or Author.
To post a message
Click Compose, this will open a new browser window.
- Enter the title of your message in the subject field.
- Type your message in the text box. You can use the various formatting options to edit your post.
- Click on the Spell Checker to check spelling errors.
- To attach a file to your post, click the Add a File button on the lower left corner.
- To submit your message, click Post. If you want to save your message and make changes before posting it to the message area, you can click on Save Draft.