Register for classes
Registration means communicating your course selection(s) and making the required minimum payment and payment arrangements. Upon registration, all online students are required to pay half of the upcoming term tuition after financial aid awards are considered. Students are required to pay all of the balance from prior terms at the time of registration for the upcoming term. There are two easy ways to register for a Columbia College online course:
Most students are eligible to use eRegistration. The automated eRegistration system is available 24 hours a day. (Students who are using the GI Bill for the first time, Navy tuition assistance, Vocational Rehabilitation or expect to receive a prerequisite waiver must use the assisted registration method outlined below.)
There are three steps in the process:
- Submit the course selection
- Make an ePayment if required
- Select the appropriate payment plan
Register for classes using eRegistration.
Once you have logged into CougarTrack, under the heading Academics, choose the Registration link.
Students who are not eligible for eRegistration on or after their scheduled registration start date should use this method. Assisted registration requires the submission of an online form which is processed manually by Online Campus staff during regular business hours (in the order received).
- Only students who are admitted through the Online Campus and are exclusively online students can use this form. If you were admitted through one of the Nationwide campuses, please contact your local campus if you do not qualify for eRegistration.
- Unless you have full tuition assistance or full financial aid, you must contact our office with payment before this form can be processed. To make payment, please contact the Online Campus office (see contact information below).
There are two steps in this process:
- Submit the course selection.
- Contact the Online Campus to make payment if required.
If you have questions regarding the registration process, you may contact our office by phone at (800) 231-2391, ext. 7246 or (573) 875-7246, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., CT.