What is a proctor?
A proctor is someone who supervises the testing process. This ensures academic integrity during closed-book tests. In some cases, tools or notes may be allowed as specified by your instructor.
Which exams are proctored?
To see if your midterm, final or both are proctored, review the course syllabus from the Online Course Schedule, or within the CONTENT area of your course in D2L. Proctored exams will be identified in the Course Description section at the top.
What are my proctoring options?
- Any Columbia College location.
- ProctorU. Access to a webcam is required for students using this fee-based service. Fees vary depending upon test duration; for example, the fee for a two-hour test is $23.50. Access to ProctorU can be purchased from the ProctorU website or from the MBS Online Bookstore.
- Find your own Private Proctor. Acceptable private proctors typically include other university or college testing centers, military education officers, non-direct superiors and corporate executive officers, and public librarians. You may also check the National College Testing Association to find a testing center near you. Any fees would be your responsibility. Also know that your instructor must approve your private proctor.
How do I submit my proctor information?
The Student Proctor Information Form is linked to the “How to Submit Proctor Information” section in the CONTENT area of your online course. Once you have completed the form, you can submit it to the DROPBOX area within your course in D2L.
How do I schedule my exam?
This depends upon your chosen Proctor. All proctored exams are scheduled by you, the student.
- To schedule your exam at a Columbia College location, choose from the dropdown below to review proctoring details:
Online Reservation Information
Columbia College students: For midterms/finals, you may reserve your proctored exam online by using the Midterm/Final Proctor Reservation Form.
Proctor Listing for San Diego, CA
Proctoring Times: Friday:
Group Proctoring: Group proctoring for computer and paper based tests. Space is limited, please complete the Midterm/Final Proctor Reservation Form by clicking on the above link. Please submit a Midterm/Final Proctor Reservation Form no later than the Thursday prior to exams.
Please schedule your proctored exam at least two weeks before midterms and finals, there are limited computers available for testing. Thank you!
- Schedule your exam using ProctorU.
- If you’re using a Private Proctor, you’ll need to follow the proctor’s guidelines or make individual arrangements.
What if I still have questions?
If you have any additional questions about proctored exams, just contact your instructor or Online Student Services at OSS@ccis.edu or 844-377-6011.