Senior student employee positions
This position has been established to recognize longevity of student employees, their work performance and to help create an affinity in their positions as student employees. This position is designed to encourage students to show initiative and give them an additional opportunity to advance themselves. The selected students will receive a $1.00 increase in their hourly rate on the next pay cycle.
Community Service Student Employees can still apply for the title of Senior Student Employee, but are not eligible for a $1.00 pay raise due to the fact that they already make the maximum amount of pay.
Students who are interested in the position of "Senior Student Employee" must meet the following requirements:
- Must have completed one continuous year of service (excluding summer and holiday breaks) with the department that they are interested in serving as a Senior Student Employee.
- Must show above average to superior ability to handle specific tasks as determined by each department supervisor.
- No previous issues with attendance or performance.
- Must be a good representative of Columbia College and its mission.
Process for applying for the position of "Senior Student Employee"
- Student fills out senior student employee application.
- Human Resources receives application and sends application to student’s supervisor.
- Supervisor reviews student’s application and fills out their portion of the application.
- Human Resources receives application, makes decision and contacts student’s supervisor to communicate final decision to student.