Skip to main content

Search Bar Icon Close Menu

Withdrawing from a Course

A student may withdraw from a course after the add/drop period and prior to the end of week 6 of a session or week 12 of a semester. A withdrawal does not eliminate academic or financial liability. Your course(s) will be listed on your official transcript with a grade of W, and you are responsible for the full cost of the course(s). Evening, Online and Nationwide Campus students may withdraw from a course by submitting a Course Withdrawal form on CougarTrack. A Withdrawal Confirmation will be sent to your CougarMail account once your submission is processed. Day Campus students must complete a Course Withdrawal form, and it must be signed by your academic advisor. Day Campus students will need to bring the completed form to the Enrollment Service Center office. You may confirm your withdrawal by checking your Class Schedule in CougarTrack; the course will no longer be listed. 

Financial Aid Impact of Withdrawing from Courses

Withdrawals may affect your financial aid situation and may result in some or all of your federal aid being returned to the federal government. For more in-depth information, you will want to review the Return of Title IV Funds (Federal Aid) Policy.

Please note: All students applying for federal and/or state financial assistance must meet and maintain satisfactory academic progress in a degree program to receive funding. Satisfactory progress is measured in terms of qualitative, quantitative and maximum time standards. All coursework at Columbia College is applied to these standards. The quality of a student's progress is measured by cumulative GPA. The minimum GPA for financial aid recipients is the same as the academic standard for Columbia College. The quantity of a student's progress is measured by their pace of completion (hours earned divided by hours attempted). Students are required to complete 2/3 of attempted hours while at Columbia College. Financial aid recipients must complete an educational program within a time frame that is no longer than 150 percent of the published length of the educational program.

More Information

 For more in-depth information about withdrawing from courses, please contact your academic advisor. 


Request info