FOCUS 2 is one of the top three career-planning systems in the USA according to the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE), and is currently used in more than 1,000 career service centers in community and state agencies, schools, colleges, universities and technical institutes nationwide. FOCUS 2 helps our career advisors provide you with personalized career planning and career guidance information services. It will help you broaden your career horizons and map out career and educational goals and plans.
This system is based on established career counseling principles. It provides you with a complete picture of your interests, values, personality, skills and leisure activities using self-assessment questionnaires, interest inventories and personality testing. After you have assessed your personal attributes, the system searches its career and occupational information database to help you identify and analyze occupations and career paths that match your personal characteristics. FOCUS 2 is free for Columbia College students.
Simply contact the Career Services Center to be assigned
a username and a password for the system.
To schedule an appointment, call (573) 875-7421 or (573) 875-7425.
Use the FOCUS 2 Career Planning and Career Guidance System to:
- Assess your interests, skills, personality, values and recreational activities
- Discover occupational and educational options that are best for you
- Map out your career and educational goals and plans
- Explore and analyze career information
- Search for colleges, universities, technical institutes and training programs
- Plan a job search strategy