Tips for Closing the Interview
You are almost home!
You nailed the handshake, aced the interview questions and impressed them with your knowledge of the company and good insightful questions! Now it is time to say goodbye and leave a lasting impression.
Don’t expect a job offer at the end of the interview, but be prepared to give your impressions of the day if asked.
- Thank the interviewer for his/her time, and restate your interest in the position and company.
- Highlight key qualifications for the job and how you hope to contribute to the success of the organization.
- If the interviewer doesn't tell you what to expect next, ask “What is the next step in the interview process?”
- Ask about their anticipated time frame for making decisions. This will help you follow-up appropriately.
- If you don’t already have it, ask for a business card from each person who interviews you, so that you can send a thank you note.
- Shake hands, smile, and leave a lasting positive impression!