Please note: The writing center will close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6.
The writing center will have limited hours on Thursday, March 15, and Friday, March 16, with no walk-in time available. The center will be open on Thursday, March 15, from 10 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. only. On Friday, March 16, the center will be open from 1 to 4 p.m. only.
Seabrook Writing Center hours and policies
Writing Center policies
- Services are available for Columbia College students who can come to the center on the main campus.
- All services are free and available while school is in session.
- Offices will close and tutors will not be available when Columbia College is closed for inclement weather.
- Students are asked not to bring children with them to tutoring sessions. College policy also prohibits children under the age of 12 being left unattended on campus.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late to his or her scheduled appointment at the writing center, that appointment time will be forfeited to another student.
- Students are limited to 2 hours total of appointment time each week in the writing center but may come for walk-in time in addition to those 2 hours. Writing center appointments are typically made in 30-minute or 60-minute blocks.
Writing center spring 2018 hours* (January 8-April 27):
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Monday: 3:00- 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Thursday: 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
*Located in 101 Wightman. Appointments are needed, except during walk-in times. See below for online scheduling instructions.*
*Instructions for scheduling an in-person writing center appointment via CougarTrack:
- Log in to CougarTrack and click on the menu button at the top left-hand corner.
- Under the Students tab, click Student Home.
- Under the CC Links tab, click Online Advisor Scheduler (AgileGrad).
- Click Schedule a New Appointment.
- Select Campus Location: MO – Columbia (Tutoring).
- Select Advisor: Mary Denehy ("Katie") or Joseph Simpson ("Joe") for writing in any subject; Zachary Hutchinson ("Zack") for writing in any English course.
- Select the date and time of your writing center appointment by clicking on a green time slot on the calendar. Please begin your appointment on the hour or half hour (e.g. 9:00 or 9:30) rather than a quarter till or a quarter after the hour (e.g. 9:45 or 9:15). This allows us to accommodate more students throughout the day.
- In the drop down menu, select your Appointment Type (Writing Center) and the Duration of your appointment. Writing consultations should be scheduled for blocks of 30 or 60 minutes. Students are limited to 120 minutes total of appointment time each week.
- Check your contact information. The information should populate for you.
- Type the reason for your visit. Please include the course and professor you are writing for or whether you are working on a resume, cover letter, scholarship, or graduate school application.
- From the drop down menu, select Appointment Preference: In person. (Only in-person appointments are available at this time.)
- Provide your contact number.
- Review all of your selections, especially the duration of your appointment! Finally, submit your appointment by clicking Schedule Appointment.