PLEASE NOTE: The Writing Center will be closed on Monday, May 29, in observance of Memorial Day.
Seabrook Writing Center hours and policies
Writing Center policies
- Services are available for Columbia College students who can come to the center on the main campus.
- All services are free and available while school is in session.
- Offices will close and tutors will not be available when Columbia College is closed for inclement weather.
- Students are asked not to bring children with them to tutoring sessions. College policy also prohibits children under the age of 12 being left unattended on campus.
- If a student is more than 15 minutes late to his or her scheduled appointment at the Writing Center, that appointment time will be forfeited to another student.
- Students are limited to 2 hours total of appointment time each week in the Writing Center but may come for walk-in time in addition to those 2 hours. Writing Center appointments are typically made in 30-minute or 60-minute blocks.
Writing Center Early Summer Session (May 1-June 24, 2017)*:
Monday-Thursday: 4-8 p.m.
*Appointments are needed. See below for online scheduling instructions.*
*Instructions for scheduling an in-person Writing Center appointment via CougarTrack:
- Log in to CougarTrack and click on the menu button at the top left-hand corner.
- Under the Students tab, click Student Home.
- Under the CC Links tab, click Online Advisor Scheduler (AgileGrad).
- Click Schedule a New Appointment.
- Select Campus Location: MO – Columbia (Tutoring).
- Select Advisor: Thomas ("Tom") Stearns (all writing assignments), Mary ("Katie") Denehy (all writing assignments)
- Select the date and time of your Writing Center appointment by clicking on a green time slot on the calendar. Please begin your appointment on the hour or half hour (e.g. 9:00 or 9:30) rather than a quarter till or a quarter after the hour (e.g. 9:45 or 9:15). This allows us to accommodate more students throughout the day.
- In the drop down menu, select your Appointment Type (Other) and the Duration of your appointment. Important: Writing consultations should be scheduled for blocks of 30-60 minutes. Students are limited to 120 minutes total of appointment time each week.
- Check your contact information. The information should populate for you.
- Type the reason for your visit. Please include the course and professor you are writing for or whether you are working on a resume, cover letter, scholarship, or graduate school application.
- From the drop down menu, select Appointment Preference: In person. (Only in-person appointments are available at this time.)
- Provide your contact number.
- Review all of your selections, especially the duration of your appointment! Finally, submit your appointment by clicking Schedule Appointment.