News and Events Archives
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Columbia College once again has been nationally recognized for outstanding academic quality and value.
GetEducated.com, a respected clearinghouse of accredited online programs, has designated six Columbia College online degrees "Best Buys" in its 2010 survey:
* Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, ranked No. 5 overall of 19 degrees
* Regionally accredited MBA, ranked No. 5 of 41 degrees
* Master's degree in criminal justice, No. 7 of 15 degrees
* Bachelor's degree in business and management, No. 12 of 54 degrees
* Bachelor's degree in psychology, No. 27 of 60 degrees
* Bachelor's degree in human services, No. 27 of 60 degrees.
"We've known for a long time that we offer outstanding academic programs at an affordable price," said Dr. Gerald Brouder, college president. "It is gratifying to have such a reputable source recognize that fact as well."
Brouder said that although success at the college is not determined by such rankings, but rather by the college's ability to meet the needs of its students, he was still pleased the college was listed among the nation's best buys. These lists are often a good tool for students and parents to assess whether a college might be a good fit.
"The rankings are just one way to obtain a snapshot of a college or university," said Brouder. "The best way to evaluate any school is to visit the campus and talk to current students, professors and alumni."
Columbia College, a private, nonprofit institution founded in 1851 in Columbia, Mo., educates more than 27,000 students each year and has more than 64,000 alumni worldwide. For more information, visit www.ccis.edu.
(Contact: Brandi Herrman, Associate Director, Public Relations, 573-875-7731, email@example.com)