New International Student Checklist
Students who are requesting an I-20 transfer to Columbia College-Denver must:
- Be on an F-1 visa
- Complete the application with a $35 application fee
- Provide a notarized bank statement issued within the last 90 days to show ability to pay for tuition and living expenses. The amount must be a minimum of $14,500.
- Provide official transcripts for universities or colleges previously attended. This includes evidence of completing an intensive English program, if applicable.
- Provide a copy of the current I-20
- Complete an I-20 Transfer form
- Provide a permanent address in the student's home country
- Provide a current phone number
- Maintain a valid passport at all times
- Attend the college or university INS has authorized the student to attend
- Complete the full course of student during normal enrollment periods
- Apply for an extension of the degree program if it cannot be completed by the date indicated on the I-20. Extensions must be filed at least 30 days in advance.
- Obtain a new I-20 whenever a student make a change indegree level
- Not work off campus unless a student has received authorization from an international student advisor
- Have the school official endorse page 2 of the i-20 form if a student is traveling outside of the United States with the intention of returning
- Report any address changes to the international student advisor within 10 days of the change
For more information, contact the Columbia College-Denver office at Denver@ccis.edu or call us at (303) 771-0176.