For the third consecutive year, Columbia College's Florida campuses received the Access to Better Learning and Education (ABLE) Grant. The grant provides non-repayable tuition assistance to undergraduate students enrolled in degree programs at eligible private colleges and universities in Florida. Each eligible student can receive a maximum of $1,182.
To receive the grant, students must complete the FAFSA and satisfy the following requirements:
- Meet Florida one-year residency requirements
- Not owe a repayment or be in default on a state or federal grant or scholarship program unless arrangements to repay have been made
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours during a 16-week period (August and October sessions) in a bachelor's degree program other than theology or divinity
- Not have previously received a bachelor's degree
- Complete the 2008-2009 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
"We are proud to receive this grant for a third year," said Jeffrey Musgrove, Columbia College southeast region director. "It will help many Columbia College students as they pursue their college degrees."
Contact your local Florida campus office for more information.