About Columbia College of Missouri-Freeport
Columbia College of Missouri-Freeport was established in 1996. The venue offers high-tech classrooms and qualified academic advisors and faculty. Students have access to an outdoor study area and multipurpose athletic field, as well as high-speed, online access to library resources.
The venue provides a unique educational opportunity to working adults through its degree offerings and eight-week course format. With a national network and a robust online program, the college offers convenient courses to civilians and military adult learners.
Students take a mix of in-seat and online classes.
Columbia College of Missouri-Freeport has agreements with Highland Community College, Rock Valley College and Rockford Career Center. This provides students a seamless transition from an associate degree through a bachelor's degree at Columbia College.
Established in 1996, Columbia College-Freeport was originally requested by community leaders who desired a four-year degree program in the city.
We know there's more to life than studying. When you're ready to take a break from the books, you'll find plenty of recreational, cultural and sports opportunities.
Freeport, a vibrant community in Northwest Illinois, boasts the best of both worlds with modern high-tech companies as well as the scenic charm of the rural Midwest. Freeport and the surrounding communities portray a healthy community where:
- Four Fortune 500 companies or their leading divisions make their home
- Public and private school systems strive to create a community of learners
- The area's energetic 28,000 residents enjoy 780 acres of well - equipped parks and other recreation facilities
- Stephenson County's 76,000 residents celebrate numerous festivals and cultural events in Freeport and surrounding communities
- Freeport Memorial Hospital and several area clinics assure ready access to expert medical care
- Numerous musical and theatrical performances — both by community and school organizations — enliven the community
- More than 200 national, regional and local stores offer an array merchandise and services
For more information about community activities, visit the Freeport Chamber of Commerce website.