Skip to Main Content

Transfer Credits

Earn your degree sooner than you think

As an adult, we know you have plenty of ways to spend your time and money. We want to make sure you take the right classes at the right time.

Our advisors can help you determine how many credits you'll need and which courses will transfer if you've previously attended an accredited college, even if it was decades ago. Call (815) 477-5440 to talk with an advisor or to make an appointment.

Through special relationships with McHenry County College and Waubonsee Community College, we have identified which of their courses will be accepted so you can better understand how the credits you have earned will transfer. See the Transfer Equivalency Portal document for details.

CLEP and DSST exams

Woman with diplomaThe college accepts CLEP and DSST exams that allow students of any age to demonstrate college-level achievement. You may take the DSST exam on-site at the campus.

Other credit options

You could also receive college credits for:

Speak to your campus staff about transfer credits. You may also visit the Evaluations office Web site.