We know there's more to life than studying. When you're ready to take a break from the books, you'll find plenty of recreational, cultural and sports opportunities in Freeport.
Freeport, a vibrant Community in the gently rolling hills of Northwest Illinois, boasts the best of both worlds with modern high-tech companies as well as the scenic charm of the rural Midwest. Freeport and the surrounding communities portray a healthy community where:
- Four Fortune 500 companies or their leading divisions make their home.
- Public and private school systems strive to create a community of learners.
- Highland Community College offers associate's degrees as well as appropriate training in job skills needed by area businesses and industry and where Columbia provides four year programs for people who seek baccalaureate degrees.
- The area's energetic 28,000 residents enjoy 780 acres of well - equipped parks and other recreation facilities.
- Nearly 70 churches and houses of worship in Freeport give spiritual support and leadership for residents.
- Stephenson County's 76,000 residents celebrate numerous festivals and cultural events in Freeport and surrounding communities.
- Freeport Memorial Hospital and several area clinics assure ready access to expert medical care.
- Numerous musical and theatrical performances -- both by community and school organizations -- enliven the community.
- More than 200 national, regional and local stores offer an array merchandise and services, including businesses that boast value-oriented prices as well as unique shops and boutiques.
- Area residents enjoy four distinct Midwestern seasons: crisp autumns, snowy winters, dramatic greening in springtime, and hot summers.
For more information about community activities, consult the Freeport Chamber of Commerce Web site.
Click here for current weather information.