To connect to the web component of the webinar: Please attempt to connect to the webinar at least five to ten minutes in advance, so you have time to contact the Technology Solutions Center at 1-800-231-2391 ext. 4357 for any troubleshooting that may be required. To do so:
- Click the attend button above.
- An internet browser will open the web conference. A Blackboard Collaborate Session Log In screen will display. In the Name text box, enter your first and last name.
- Click login.
- A dialog box will open asking you to ‘Run’ or ‘Open’ the meeting. Depending on your browser you should allow the meeting to run/open.
- Java will open. Please follow any prompts for installing or opening Java.
- The Blackboard Collaborate! Conference room will open and you will be connected to the webinar.
- To display video, click the Show Video button on the top toolbar.
- Click Preview to preview the webcam image.
- Click Transmit to transmit the video.
Audio via computer: If you are conducting the audio portion over the computer using a microphone, please be sure to test your Audio by going to Tools—Audio—Audio Setup Wizard in the Blackboard Collaborate software. Follow the wizard to verify your speakers and microphone are working properly.
When you are ready to speak, click the Talk button in the top left hand corner of the screen (or hit CTRL+ F2) to activate your microphone. When your microphone is active, a microphone icon displays next to the word Talk.
Audio via phone: From any phone dial Moderator Audio: 571-392-7703 and enter the PIN: 340 746 896 210 when prompted.
If you have any questions, please contact the Technology Solutions Center at 573-875-4357 or 1-800-231-2391 ext. 4357