International Graduate Admissions
Each graduate program has multiple admission categories which require varying application materials. All documents and fees must be received before Columbia college will issue an I-20 Form. To be considered for full admission to any graduate program, applicants must submit the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized regionally accredited US institution or international equivalent.
- Official transcript from your degree-granting institution
- Official transcripts for all prerequisite coursework completed (click for pre-requisites for MBA, MAMS and MSCJ)
- Unofficial transcripts for every institution attended (unless official is submitted*)
- English Proficiency
- TOEFL iBT score 79
- TOEFL pBTscore 550
- IELTS minimum 6.5 overall, no band score below 6.0
- Three strong letters of recommendation
- Personal goal statement of 300-500 words in essay format discussing your motivations and future goals
*Official transcripts must be submitted for every international institution attended or from any institution where graduate transfer credit will be requested.
General admission requirements include an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Recommendations, resume and a personal goal statement also are substantive components in the admissions criteria.
The Master of Arts in Teaching and Teacher Certification Programs require the submission of a notarized affidavit of moral character. Consideration for admission will be at the discretion of the respective department.
Students not meeting graduate program admission standards may be considered for conditional admission.