International Graduate Admissions
Each graduate program has multiple admission categories which require varying application materials. All documents and fees must be received before Columbia college will issue an I-20 Form. To be considered for full admission to any graduate program, applicants must submit the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized regionally accredited US institution or international equivalent.
- Official transcript from your degree-granting institution
- Official transcripts for all prerequisite coursework completed (click for pre-requisites for MBA, MAMS and MSCJ)
- Unofficial transcripts for every institution attended (unless official is submitted*)
- English Proficiency
Test Type Institutional Code Graduate Program minimum requirement TOEFL-iBT** (internet-based) 6095 Score of 80 or above; subset scores must meet or exceed 20 in each area. TOEFL-pBT** (paper-based) 6095 Score of 550 or above; subset scores must meet or exceed 55 in each area. IELTS - Overall band score of 6.5 or above, with no individual band score below 6.**Submitted results cannot be older than two years prior to the desired enrollment date.
- Three strong letters of recommendation
- Personal goal statement of 300-500 words in essay format discussing your motivations and future goals
General admission requirements include an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average. Recommendations, resume and a personal goal statement also are substantive components in the admissions criteria.
The Master of Arts in Teaching and Teacher Certification Programs require the submission of a notarized affidavit of moral character. Consideration for admission will be at the discretion of the respective department.
Students not meeting graduate program admission standards may be considered for conditional admission.