Comprehensive Evaluation Visit
The Comprehensive Evaluation Visit will takes place in Year 10 of the Open Pathway Cycle and includes a comprehensive Evaluation (on-site visit), an Assurance Review, and Federal Compliance Filing. During the Comprehensive Evaluation Visit, a team of peer reviewers will determine whether Columbia College continues to meet the Criteria for Accreditation by analyzing the college’s Assurance Filing. The Comprehensive Evaluation Visit may also consist of a multi-campus review, if applicable. Columbia College’s next Comprehensive Evaluation Visit is scheduled for 2022-2023.
Federal Compliance Requirements
Columbia College must comply with the expectations of specific regulations accreditors must enforce. The college must submit a Federal Compliance Filing before the Comprehensive Evaluation Visit. Information covered under the Federal Compliance Filing consist of the following areas:
- Assignment of Credits, Program Length, and Tuition;
- Institutional Records of Student Complaints;
- Publication of Transfer Policies;
- Practices for Verification of Student Identity;
- Title IV Program Responsibilities;
- Required Information for Students and the Public;
- Advertising and Recruitment Materials and Other Public Information;
- Review of Student Outcome Data;
- Standing with State and Other Accrediting Agencies;
- Public Notification of Opportunity to Comment.
Higher Learning Commission (HLC). "Commission Policies Affecting Institutional Affiliation." Higher Learning Commission Policies. 1 June 2015. Web. 23 Sept. 2015.