International Students Graduate Admission Requirements
A student who is categorized as a foreign-born person who is not a citizen, national or permanent resident of the United States. International applicants seeking an I-20 from Columbia College must provide additional application materials.
- Complete the Columbia College application for graduate admission with the nonrefundable $55 application fee.
- Request that an official transcript from each undergraduate college
or university attended be sent directly to:
1001 Rogers Street
Columbia, MO 65216, USA
- Request official English language translations of any transcript not issued in the English language be sent directly to the Admissions Office (above address).
- Develop a personal goal statment that establishes a correlation between the goals of the graduate degree program and the applicant's personal and professional goals.
- Submit three Columbia College graduate program recommendation forms.
- MAT applicants must also submit a notarized Columbia College Affidavit of Moral Character. Also, proof of current teacher certification is required for the Online MAT program and strongly encouraged for the on-campus MAT program.
- Demonstrate English proficiency by providing an official TOEFL score of 550 or above (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), 79-80 (internet based); or an official IELTS of 6.5 or higher with no individual band score below 6.0.
- In order to issue an I-20 form, international applicants must also provide an official bank document demonstrating ability to pay one year's cost of attendance. This document has no bearing upon the decision-making process for admittance to a graduate program and is used only for I-20 issuance purposes.
- Submission of a completed SEVIS Supplement form is recommended.
- International students already studying in the United states on a valid F1 visa, who wish to transfer to Columbia College, must also provide copies of their valid visa, passport, current I-20 form, I-94 departure record, and the Transfer Eligibility Form.
Note: International admission is not available at all campuses. Contact Admissions at 1-800-231-2391, ext. 7352 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.