Science Living Learning Community
Immerse yourself in all things scientific by joining our Science Living Learning Community. You will live in a residence hall with other science students and take part in special events and trips designed to further your understanding of science.
Hurry! Space is limited and fills up fast!
What to Expect
- Open to 18 incoming freshmen
- Must enroll in CHEM 1 & INCC 111 fall semester & BIOL 1 spring semester
- Students will live on same floor of Banks Hall
- Programming will surround all fields of science
- Field trips and Guest presentations
- Resident professor will hold office hours in your lounge
Benefits of living learning communities
- Develop a network of friends
- Participate in social activities related to your major, like a behind-the-scenes tour of the St. Louis Zoo
- Experience a residential setting that is an active, supportive, and exciting place to live and learn
- Participants in this LLC perform better academically than others in the same courses
Student comments about the Science Living Learning Community
"I like that Babayco is up there for office hours and it is easy for me to get help on subjects if I'm lost or struggling because I have other people around me taking the exact same courses. I feel like it is a closer community than on other floors or buildings and that is nice to have starting out in college."
"In some ways, it is like a built in family. We do so much together and are able to help one another out. Dr. Babayco is awesome! I think we are lucky to have him as a professor and that he actually cares about how we are doing."
"We have classes together and live together. We help each other and do things together outside. We are friends. We get to see our professor outside of class and not in his office. He's always there to help. It is nice to be surrounded by people who have the same interest as me. It made it easier to start at CC."
Interested in the Science Living Learning Community?
Fill out this form to learn more about joining the living learning community,
or email email@example.com