Dr. Tara Martin
Dr. Tara Martin received both her BS in Biological Sciences and her PhD in Molecular Microbiology and Immunology from the University of Missouri – Columbia. Her graduate research focused on the genetics of the pathogenic bacteria Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capri. Dr. Martin did a post-doctoral fellowship at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD in a mammalian reproductive biology laboratory.
Dr. Martin began her teaching career with the Evening Campus at Columbia College in 2011 as an adjunct professor before serving as a visiting faculty member with the Day Campus in 2016. When not in class she enjoys spending time with family, sci-fi (TV, movies, books), and working on DIY home renovations.
Courses Dr. Martin teaches at Columbia College:
- Human Biology (BIOL 108)
- Principles of Biology (BIOL 110) and Principles of Biology Lab (BIOL 110L)
- Clinical Microbiology (BIOL 221) and Clinical Microbiology Lab (BIOL 221L)
- Principles of Cellular Biology (BIOL 291) and Principles of Cellular Biology Lab (BIOL 201L)
- Genetics (BIOL 342) and Genetics Laboratory (BIOL 342L)
- Molecular Biology (BIOL 391)
- Immunology (BIOL 415)
Contact Tara Martin
Office Location: BSC 251
Phone Number: (573) 875-7862
Email Address: email@example.com