Yngve Digernes, Ph.D.
Dr. Digernes teaches thought-provoking courses primarily in the areas of deviance/criminology and social inequality. He also teaches classical social theory and cultural sociology. Dr. Digernes grew up near Bergen, on the west coast of Norway, and his cross-cultural experience provides a basis for a global approach in sociology. As a learning tool, he often compares and contrasts the American social model with that of Scandinavia. In Dr. Digernes’ courses, students are challenged to question what they know about the world around them, and they learn to see social issues from a wide range of perspectives.
Courses Dr. Digernes has taught at Columbia College:
- Social Problems (SOCI 216)
- Social Deviance (SOCI 218)
- Criminology (SOCI 321)
- Juvenile Delinquency (SOCI 331)
- Social Movements (SOCI 375)
- Culture and Mass Media (SOCI 380)
- The American Community (SOCI 401)
- Class, Status, and Power (SOCI 421)
- Classical Social Theory (SOCI 460)
Contact Yngve Digernes, Ph.D.
Office Location: STC 224
Phone Number: (573) 875-7636
Email Address: email@example.com