Gretchen Hendrickson, Ph.D.
Gretchen Hendrickson, Assistant Professor of Psychology, has a Ph.D. in Quantitative Psychology from the University of Missouri. She teaches developmental, measurement, and specialty courses. Her professional focus is on teaching future, current, and unsuspecting researchers proper defendable statistical application to real data.
Dr. Hendrickson is a quantitative psychologist with training in cognition, social processes, and fMRI techniques. She enjoys sharing her love of research with her students, and to help them develop tools that will allow them to attain their professional goals.
Her consulting experience has provided opportunities to examine data with many statistical analysis techniques (which included Multilevel Modeling, Structural Equation Modeling, and Factor Analysis), and evaluate the limitations and strengths of these analyses with respect to the limitations and strengths of data collected.
Dr. Hendrickson's professional focus is on teaching future, current, and unsuspecting researchers proper defendable statistical applications to analyzing “real life” data.
Her research interests are only limited by her students and include:
- Measures of association (with nominal and ordinal data)
- Limitations of hierarchical linear models
- Priming effect
- Extra sensory perception; and
- How people learn mathematical concepts.
Courses Dr. Hendrickson has taught at Columbia College
- General Psychology (PSYC 101)
- Experimental Psychology (PSYC 326)
- Child Psychology (PSYC/EDUC 391)
- Adolescent Psychology (PSYC/EDUC 392)
- Lifespan Developmental Psychology (PSYC 330)
- Psychological Testing and Measurement (PSYC 320)
- Adult Psychology (PSYC 395)
- History and Systems of Psychology (PSYC 381)
- General Psychology (HNRS 101)
- History and Psychology of Sport (HNRS 101)
- Introduction to Columbia College (INCC 111)
- Learning Theories (PSYC 410)
- Topics (PSYC 233)
- Topics: Senior Thesis (PSYC 433)
- Psychology Internship (PSYC 399)
- Advanced Psychology Internship (PSYC 499)
Contact Gretchen Hendrickson
Office Location: STC 219
Phone Number: (573) 875-7784